Sunday, November 07, 2010

I love the extra hour.

The weekend was an even more welcome sight than normal after a busy work week. After eating out two days in a row, we stayed in and cooked on Friday night which was very relaxing.

Saturday was a lazy, sleep in morning after which I cooked cheese and chorizo omelets and maple sausage links. After watching a little football and digesting my breakfast, I hit the gym for a nice workout. My new strategy for working out is to leave three days in between to allow time for my shoulder to fully recover. Starting this week I'll incorporate running on day two of the rest. Hopefully it's a schedule that will keep me in pretty solid shape during the winter months.

After working out, we headed out to see LL's parents in Joliet who had just returned from a two week trip to China. They told us all about their travels and the group with which they traveled while we visited and then went to dinner. Interestingly enough, we went to "The Lob". The Lob is Red Lobster and it was a place my family frequented for celebratory dinners when I was a kid. Unfortunately I have a love-hate relationship with The Lob. While I crave the food, it's loaded with sodium and isn't cheap. You can easily eat at a small restaurant in Chicago where you know the chef in the kitchen for the price they charge.

Today was another lazy start with the same breakfast as Saturday. You can't have enough chorizo!! Then the Bears came on and eked out a win after losing two three-point games. Their future opponents: Vikings, Jets, Patriots and Dolphins did not look good in their games, so there are signs of hope. I'm such a Cubs fan!!!

Can I just say that I wouldn't mind having us "fall back" every Sunday, especially during football season. It would be awesome to have an extra hour before the games start. I really like when the Bears have the 3:00 start times, but we don't have any this year.

Here's a picture from one of those small restaurants in Chicago: Tratoria Sapori. They serve Italian food as you might imagine and it's very high quality. The chef, Chef Anthony, who is also the owner, came out to meet the patrons. Though I know he doesn't remember me, I stopped him as he walked by (ok, I yelled "Hey Chef Anthony!" as he walked by) and introduced LL and ESDNM. Our dinners were delicious and he sent out this beauty for dessert.





Yeah, that's one big, ass piece of Tiramasu. The three of us, already full, ate almost the whole thing. I had ESDNM put his hand up for reference. Awesome!!

5 comments:

2006 Boundary Waters Canoe Trip said...

Having an extra hour is easy. Just go to bed an hour earlier.

terri said...

I'd love to have an extra hour every weekend too. It seems to make a huge difference!

I have a love/hate relationship with The Lob too, but for different reasons. You can't eat there without a 45 minute wait and there are always just way too many people. It always feels so chaotic to me.

alexis said...

holy crap, that is ONE piece of tiramisu??

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yep, just one piece!! Awesome!

el supremo de nm said...

And we were trying all three of us to be good that night and out comes this mamootho dessert for free. You can't insult a chef's gift can you?