Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Flaw in the Plan

As you know, I've got a new workout regimen: lift weights, take a day off, run the next day, then lift again. At least that's what I thought would be a good plan. Yesterday I ran for the first time, as I wrote yesterday, and today I hit the gym to lift weights. It was pretty tough on my legs I have to say. I'm not going to give up the regimen yet, because I think it will get better as I get used to running. Still, pretty beat today.

Had a great evening of beer tasting set up at Binny's Beverage Depot tonight with Ricardo and Bill the Bear (who is less of a bear as he shaved his beard, but that's a story for another time). So here's the emailed ad to which we were responding (though I was organizing):



WINTER BEER TASTING
Tuesday, November 9, 6:30-8:30pm
Get wrapped up in the holidays and sample over 70 limited edition seasonal craft and import beers! A variety of holiday gift packs, many including custom glassware, will also be displayed and available for purchase. $15 W/Binny's Card / $25 non-members.
Call 773-935-9400 for more information.
Chicago - Lakeview
Binny's Ivanhoe Castle & Catacombs Tasting Room | Chicago | 773-935-9400



WINTER BEER TASTING
Seems pretty clear cut right? You show up, pay $15 (as members) and we taste beer for 2 hours. Unfortunately, what the message doesn't say is that they took reservations and space was limited!!! WTF??? Why would I think space wasn't limited? Well because on the same page of ads for events, they had these messages:

This event fills up quickly! Reservations are reccomended. $50 with Binny's card / $60 non-members.

See, now if I wanted to attend that event, I would know that I need to make a reservation. Unbelievable. Fortunately there are bars in the area and we headed to The Duke of Perth and had some food and beer. Still, a very stern letter is going to be issued to Binny's for their handling of this event. I will be heard!!!!

2 comments:

alexis said...

that's a shame! I would have liked to have seen the spread - 70 beers is a lot of beers.

2006 Boundary Waters Canoe Trip said...

10 minutes a mile is a pretty good pace if you haven't run 3 miles in a while. Not surprising that you were pretty weary the next day. But you should start recovering quickly in no time.