Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Still busy

It seems like I'm constantly trying to keep up these days, which is fine I guess since it's mostly fun things that continue to keep me busy. Granted, work is also a bit busier than normal, but mostly it's fun stuff.

For instance, Monday, Labor Day, the Bears did a one hour radio show from their indoor training facility at Halas Hall which was for season ticket holders only and for only a limited number of people. Fortunately I was able to get two tickets and took Andy, aka Sausage, with me. We met for dinner beforehand at Tilted Kilt, a Hooters knock off, and then headed over for the festivities. This was the first time I'd been inside this particular facility (our meetings are usually at the main building) and it's pretty cool.

Interesting that they chose to do all the supports in wood. Had I known it was going to be in this particular portion of the complex, I would have brought a football to toss around!






Here's the stage with coach Lovie Smith, the GM Phil Emery, President Ted Phillips and the Bears announcer Jeff Joniak. During commercial breaks they fielded questions and did raffles. Good times.




Also on Monday, during the day, LL and I headed up north to an outdoor mall to do some clothes shopping for her. I thought it was the least I could do since she made the trip to Rockford for one stinking game (yes, still stings) and I enjoy our little trips together. We found a pancake house online that's not too far from the mall called Walker's Brothers Pancake House and decided to try it for breakfast. LL got some flat crazy European pancakes which she said I would not like (I had to agree) while I got this ginourmous apple and cinnamon "pancake" that was as big as the plate and probably an inch and a half thick. It was insane. I ate less than half of it and brought the rest home. Good eating!

Last night we had a hankering for some middle eastern food so we headed down Broadway a few blocks to Zad's. We really like their hummus and tried some new dishes and realized we like pretty much all of their food!

2 comments:

Michael Podolny said...

I suppose that the wooden beams are so it can burn down faster when the angry fans come with their pitchforks and torches after missing the playoffs.

alexis said...

I love that pancake, send some over here.