Friday, September 14, 2012

Another short weekend

Wednesday I headed down to Orlando with our softball team for a softball tournament with 160 + teams.  Thursday was our first game and was actually on the Disney complex.  Unfortunately we we were outplayed and lost 22-1. It was 1-0 inour favor after 2 innings and then 6-1 after 3.
Unfortunately the top of the fourth came and they scored 16 runs and the game was ended after 4. I only got to bat once and I was in the middle of the lineup! Awful.

Since we lost, we only had one game on Thursday, but were slatted to play 6 on Friday. That is we would have had we won the first one which we did not. It was at 9 a.m. after theteam was out for the Bears/Packers game on Thursday night. We went up 1-0 again, but were quickly down 6-1due to some poor fielding.  It looked like trouble for us again but then I came up to bat with a runner on second and two outs. Unfortunately I hit ground ball to second that looked like it was going to be an easy play. I ran it out though and the second baseman threw wide of first and took the first baseman off the bag. After a discussion by the umpires, they ruled me safe. The next batter tripled scoring two and we went on to tie at 6-6. Soon we were down  by double digits, and came back again. Eventually we lost 26-21. I ended up getting on 3 out of 4 times and was 3-5 for the short tournament and had a double with a couple of RBI. 

One of the great things about flying southwest is that they allow you to change flights without an extra charge. So as a precaution, I booked two flights coming home, one on Saturday night and one on Monday morning.  I was looking forward to NOT using the Saturday night ticket, but sadly it will be the Monday ticket that earns me a credit. The team we first lost to was from Alabama and they have won at least one more game. 

Anyway, I hope that things around the house and office will be a little less busy over the next few weeks. Here's hoping!

3 comments:

Michael Podolny said...

Well that sucks. I knew you were not jacked about your chances but I was hoping that you'd be wrong.

alexis said...

shame - hopefully the next tournament will be better!

terri said...

Disappointing! Better luck next time.