Monday, October 03, 2011

Foxy Knoxy

If you don't know the subject of my title, you have to be living under a rock. Today Amanda Knox was freed in an Italian court after an earlier judgment against her was overturned. So let's just say she didn't kill her roommate 4+ years ago. She's not in her apartment when the corpse is found and Amanda is then ushered to the police station and then jail. That was 4 years ago.....four years....in jail for a crime you didn't commit. What could possibly go through your head every day that you're sitting there being incarcerated unjustly? Ugh. Just awful. And then the jubilation you must feel today after finally being released (though her conviction of defamation against another person was upheld, but it carried a sentence of 3 years (really, 3 years!?!?) so she had credit for time served).
I can't even fathom the range of emotions.

On a completely different topic, I always have pen and paper next to my bed. For some reason, I constantly come up with good ideas or tasks or things to remember, while I'm laying in bed just before going to sleep. Sometimes I think, "Oh, that's too big to forget." and then I do. So last night after the lights were out and before I fell asleep, I thought of and wrote down 10 things to do on Monday. TEN! That's just crazy. Tell you what though, I got eight of them done! The one big thing that I couldn't remember even moments after I thought of it, I actually remembered mid-morning and got it done as well. So many things going on.....

Now that the basement is carpeted and some of the furniture is back in place, it's time to move stuff back downstairs from upstairs. It also means it's time to get rid of some more things as you inevitably do when you move stuff around so dramatically. So we have much work to do around the house over the next week or so with moving and reorganizing all sorts of things. Joisey Ken arrives in two weeks!!

2 comments:

alexis said...

I had no memory before I had a child and now it's completely gone. I find paper and pen located strategically around the house a requirement if I want to recall anything.

terri said...

I am constantly making lists and making notes on post-its. I just read a blog post a few days ago about a wonderful online to-do list/calendar type thing. Of course, I can't remember the name of it. Lemme check...

Okay... The Cozi Family Calendar. Not so much a to-do list maker, but still might work: http://www.cozi.com/family-calendar.htm