Thursday, August 18, 2011

Golf Equals Less Stress

Earlier this week it was getting pretty stressful around the house, but we entered a trough and have rebounded strongly having had lunch together yesterday and then picking up our wedding rings. All seemed good again, though we're both a bit tired.

Today I went golfing with Jumpin' Joe DeMarco who is joining us in Puerto Rico and doing a reading at the ceremony. He's part of a group that are small business advocates and everyone is really into networking and doing things like remembering each other's names and stuff. Yeah, that's not really my bag. I know what I'm good at and what I'm not good at. Networking, like that at least, and remembering names from people I see every 6 months or so is not my forte. Golf was fun though, even though I played pretty poorly most of the day.

So tomorrow (Friday) morning, I'm driving 4 1/2 hours up north to golf and celebrate the bachelorhood of my fellow Bears fan, Doug Jr. Because we leave on Monday though, I'm only staying over night and coming back home Saturday morning. Another Bears fan, Gar (pronounced like the fish), is driving up with me. Normally I'm not a big fan of driving with people other than LL, but this should be fun. See you on the other side!!

1 comment:

alexis said...

good lord, if networking is not your forte Joe, that makes it my achilles heel in comparison! Have a good time in what, Wisconsin?