Wednesday, October 24, 2012

MNF Bears!

In an effort to not miss a crap load of days in my blog again, I submit the following: BEARS!!!!

My last post was Monday and I have no idea how I had time to post it. Work was busy including a 90 minute conference call around lunch and then off to the Bears tailgate at 3. The tailgating started at 3:30 and I was the first of our group to get there. The day and evening threatened rain with a relatively warm and humid outlook. It's the kind of warm and humid that you just KNOW in the fall is going to turn into rain and cold at some point. We were lucky though and except for a brief drizzle during the game (our seats are out of the rain so we didn't even notice it at first) there was no rain until we were on our way home 8 hours later.

It was great fun as it was an Andy (aka Sausage) and Benny Baseball game. They buy half the season from me for my two extra seats and it's always fun when they come out (which is why I sell to them!). E-Money (Eric) also was there though along with his girlfriend Little-E (Erica). Since LL was in New Orleans still, I invited one of my clients, Tom, to join me. He came down for the wedding as well. Some of Eric's work mates also made an appearance and of course we were next to our buddies the Punke's and across the aisle from Gar and his posse (literally 20 people).

A mini-highlight of the pre-game was when the Bears Chairman of the Board, George McCaskey, walked by and I flagged him down. Of course he didn't remember me (even though we've met three or four times, I can totally relate to not remembering names!) but stopped and chatted for a bit as I re-introduced him to Punke Sr. whom he had met before as well. It was a fun little break and I didn't make an ass of myself, which is always possible! George was just out taking a walk through the Waldron Deck and into the South Lot and then back. Sounded like he does it for a lot of the games, so maybe we'll see him again!

The food of choice this time was chili, the first appearance of the year. It was all the first appearance of bacon wrapped shrimp, dates and figs. Good eating! And good drinking, which had to happen outside because INSIDE they allowed Miller to buy out the beer rights. Yeah, Miller. Ugh. So no more Sam Adams inside the stadium. Crap. They do have Leinenkugels Oktoberfest though, which wasn't awful. Actually it was even good, but not REALLY good. That's probably for the best anyway though. Nobody wants me looking like this before I head home:






No comments: