Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Getting older

It beats the alternative doesn't it?  This year though, it's been more difficult to get older. The herniated disc in my neck has been causing me pain every morning and at night. During the day I can manage the pain somewhat with some ibuprofen, but for how long do I want to take it? Will it get better?  I'm not certain it will unfortunately. I think it's time to call the doctors again and discuss the prognosis.  Surgery isn't out of the question for me if it will help. It's just a timing issue.

Hair loss. It's been bad this year. Not that I had a ton to work with to begin with, but it definitely took a turn for the worse this year. Sigh. Oh well, I'm looking forward to the Mr. Clean look. We'll see.

Eyesight. For the last 10 years or so, since having lasik surgery, I've had 20-10 eyesight. That's right, not 20-20. 20-10. That means I see at 20 feet what others see at only 10 feet. It was that good. It seems to have reverted a bit this summer though. Where I used to be able to easily see anything on the television across the room from my desk, now some of the things I have to squint a bit to see. I'd like to find an eye doctor anyway just to check on my eye health in general, so maybe this will be the impetus to get that done.

So there we are....I'm getting older. Maybe this year though I'm aging more than normal?

3 comments:

terri said...

I don't think you're aging more than normal. You're a very active person; more so than a lot of people. So the physical stuff probably bothers you more because you're used to feeling good. As for hair loss, it's happening at a time when bald is considered a good look! Tell yourself you're just getting sexier! Own it and be confident about it! :-)

Now the vision thing, I get. I have always had good vision, but I am starting to notice it diminishing a lot this year. I have a pair of those cheater glasses at work, one in my purse, and one at home.

Michael Podolny said...

It is tough getting older and there is not much we can do about it other than try and cope as best we can. You're a very resourceful person and I'm confident you will deal with this too.

alexis said...

boo. I am sorry it's rougher this year. Maybe you notice it more this year in the face of so many changes to your life, like baby coming and wife?