Monday, October 08, 2012

Have I been THAT busy? Yes, yes I have.

Wow, an entire week without posting on my blog! Better get caught up!

Last week shouldn't have been busy, but I was providing moral support for Ricardo as he went to court every day in an effort to resolve an 8 year conflict with his condo building developer. Yep, 8 years! Six of those years involved a legal battle. Since the developer (who basically stole money) still lived in the building, it's been a tough row to hoe for Ricardo and wife as they would periodically run into this guy who had stolen from the association and then had the audacity to counter sue Ricardo for about $400k. Yeah, pretty insane. So Monday through Thursday I was down in the courtroom from about 12:30 to 5ish. That meant I had to make up for work during the evenings. You'll be happy to know that justice was served at least in the sense that Ricardo was cleared. Unfortunately it's not real justice as the case shouldn't have gotten as far as it did and Ricardo is out a bunch of legal fees. Ugh.  Still, for the first time in a long while, the case is not hanging over his head.

In celebration, we went out for drinks on Thursday night, courtesy of the lawyers, and were out for a bit too long. Fortunately I was taking the train home. Oh, and did I mention I went out Monday night for the Bears Monday night game? Yeah, with Sausage, Markakis, Smitty and Mrs. Smitty. Good fun!

Tomorrow I'll tell you about the weekend!

3 comments:

terri said...

8 years! That's crazy. And to have to continue living in the same building as the guy had to be a real strain. Glad to hear Ricardo was cleared.

Michael Podolny said...

The whole thing with Ricardo makes you think the legal system is just a bunch of crap.

alexis said...

that sucks for Ricardo! To live with something like that. I hope there is some resolution finally!