Sunday, August 05, 2012

The battle details

So Monday or Tuesday of last week I started developing the signs of a cold.  While I was thinking I successfully had fought it off, Friday everything turned on its head. Unfortunately it started while I was at the Bears practice being held at Soldier Field. My friend Laurie had to suffer along with me while my nose refused to stop running all of the sudden. Then it got worse as I wasn't able to really sleep Friday night, which was unfortunate since I had to get up at 5:30 a.m. for a softball tournament in Rockford. 

We had a reduced team (missing 7 guys by my count) and we were playing up a level in competition, so we lost both games for an early exit. Still, I was 4-6 hitting despite my lack of sleep. It started to catch up with me on the way home though and I ended up spending most of the rest of the day in bed. Saturday night was a little bit better with the help of Nyquil, but Sunday has been tough still. I'm going to try and make it through the day without Dayquil and then probably take Nyquil again tonight so that at least LL will get some sleep. Monday night is my 40 and over tournament, so hopefully I'll be rested enough for that and next weekend is a big tournament as well as Bill the Bear's wedding. Busy, busy, busy!!

3 comments:

Michael Podolny said...

It's probably karma paying you back for your Chick-fil-a comments.

Remember your age and don't push yourself too hard. Skip a competition if you aren't getting better.

alexis said...

I second all the above - it's okay to take a break and recover!

terri said...

Sleep. Nyquil. Take a day off. Get better! :-)