Sunday, August 19, 2012

Still so busy

The crazy fun week has been pretty great. To recap: Cubs game, Bears advisory group meeting, pizza night, game night and the Bears game. Tomorrow is a charity golf outing in Naperville and then Wednesday we head to see Joisey Ken, so the busy-ness continues!!

While I've been so busy I've lost focus on some of the details of day-to-day living. For instance, last week in the midst of all the traveling and such, LL was going to work and our front door knob came off in her hands! How crazy is that?  Solving that problem, which is what husbands do, involved going to Home Depot, buying a new (and better) handle and deadbolt and getting someone to install it (because even if I DID have time, I wouldn't have done a good job)...enter MLM.

Then at Bill the Bear's wedding, which I missed the ceremony by the way due to traffic, I became VERY drunk and was telling Bill's ex-boss how "memorable the day would be for Bill" if she just walked up to him and kicked him in the nuts. Yeah, I said it....several times. At the time, it was freaking hysterical (if you were drunk). If you weren't, then not so much. Despite that portion of the evening it was a fun time!

We had game night on Friday in which we had two friends from my Morningstar days and two of LL's friends come over and drink, eat appetizers and pizza and play games. The games of choice were Celebrity Taboo (from like 1993 or something so think of answers like Karl Malden and Raquel Welch) and Catchphrase which was actually very fun. You basically have to get your partner(s) to say the catchphrase before the buzzer goes off. It's good fun, but some of the catchphrases (like "Drop the Chalupa") were questionable as real phrases.

Many pictures to post.....maybe I'll have them by Tuesday!

2 comments:

terri said...

I'm such a creature of habit, that I can't imagine keeping up with your life. I do best when I stay in routine, get the right amount of sleep, eat right, don't drink TOO much. Of course, my life doesn't seem anywhere near as fun as yours! ;-)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Oh, your life is plenty fun Terri!! I'd like to fit in a bowling league or two at some point in the future.