Sunday, April 15, 2012

Who has a loud voice??

The weekend kicked off with Friday the 13th, but it was anything but ominous. We went to a new restaurant called Cooper's, which is really a bar that serves food. I discovered it while leaving after my MRI when I smelled heavenly barbecue. Apparently they've been in business for some time, like a decade, and despite being relatively close to our house, we've never been there or even really noticed it. They have a sampling platter called a mini-cooper that has shredded pork on a panini, barbecue brisket on a bun and half a slab of ribs. Pretty good food, but their ribs were drier than I like and not "fall off the bone". After dinner we watched Descendants, the George Clooney movie. It wasn't bad.

Oh, did I mention my MRI? Yeah, I had an MRI last week and the results came back saying that I have a bulging disc in my neck. The bulge is pinching the nerve and causing my issues. So in two weeks I go to a cervical spine expert who will help me decide the treatment method. Could be just keep with physical therapy or it could be a steroid shot, at least that are the most likely options. The third option we don't really want to talk about.

Saturday was a busy day getting stuff done that culminated with a visit to my softball buddy John's condo for fondue with him and his wife and 7 month old baby as well as another couple (Jack, with whom I play softball, and his girlfriend Leah). But there was also a Hawks game on at 9, which ended up not meshing well with the baby's need for sleep. Or maybe more accurately, my loud cheering didn't mesh well. Lots of good wine was consumed and much fondue was eaten. Finally though, we had to leave because the baby was unable to sleep (plus it was late), so the four of us went to a bar around the corner to finish watching the game. It was an exciting game that ended in overtime with a Blackhawks win! Obviously I was excited, along with many others in the bar, about the outcome, but the bartender made specific mention to me to "keep it down" when I went outside so as to not disturb the neighbors. Am I really that loud??

3 comments:

Michael Podolny said...

I'm not sure 'loud' is quite the right term. I would use 'boisterous'. It's a behavior pattern that seems to correlate directly with the blood alcohol level.

alexis said...

I can only agree with MP

terri said...

I've never noticed you were loud! Of course, with only your blog as a frame of reference, it's hard to tell for sure! ;-)