Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Eye of the storm

The eye is the calm part of a storm or hurricane. Often people misuse this saying to describe chaos, but it's anything but. That's sort of today for me. Yesterday was pretty busy culminating in going to Wrigley to see the Cubs beat the Cardinals in extra innings (much to LL's chagrin). At least it wasn't as cold as last Sunday or two weeks ago, so we were comfortable the entire 10 innings.

Tomorrow I go to the Sox game with a group of guys and LL heads to Ann Arbor to visit a friend who is having head surgery as we speak to remove a little benign tumor that seems to be growing near her ear nerves and such. Friday night I'm going to Soldier Field with Markakis for the Bears draft party (it'll be round 2).  Then Saturday is a softball tournament down in Joliet.

For our trip to the Dominican (have I mentioned we're going to the Dominican Republic for a week?), I'm investigating getting a Sling Box. You hook one of these bad boys up to your DVR and to the internet and you can watch YOUR television on your iPad or computer from anywhere in the world in which you have internet access. Seems pretty awesome.   We're not going to be watching it all the time of course, but if we want a break from the sun or before we go to bed, it'll be nice to watch some shows we have saved or were just recorded.

If I want to do that though, I have to buy it and set it up Sunday, Monday or Tuesday!

2 comments:

alexis said...

I question the wisdom of using bad tropical storm weather metaphors on the eve of traveling to the Dominican Republic.

Michael Podolny said...

Well said Alexis though it is a bit early for hurricane season.

So I guess this means you won't be doing a whole lot of work before you go :)