Monday, April 09, 2012

Easter Dinners

On Easter, we, like many married couples, had a busy day. It was a 7 a.m. wake-up so I could get to mass by 7:45 and LL could drive down to Joliet for service with her parents at 9:30. Then I drove down to meet them at her parents' house for lunch/dinner. Lots of good food and even an Easter basket! LL's mom is very nice and asked LL what kind of candy I liked and even put a shirt in my basket. Very nice and thoughtful! The shirt was to replace more candy and sweets as LL knows I'm mindful of my weight and try not to eat too many sweets.

Afterwards we drove to Naperville to my folks' place to see my relatives. They were just finishing eating and there was still plenty of fun to be had. Foremost, they were short one plastic egg from the egg hunt. My mom was POSITIVE she had 31 eggs and they were only able to find 29 of them. So LL and I hit the yard, but came up empty. Then my sisters and bros-in-law came out to search some more. One brother-in-law found another egg, but that was it. We searched and searched. Nothing. After another mom led auction of small gifts (always fun) and some more food and dessert, it was time to go. LL had to head back to Joliet to get our dog and I was just going to head home and meet her there later. In the garage though, on the way to the car, LL was walking past the garbage can and said, "did you count this one"? Yeah, it was a plastic egg that someone had opened and then tossed into the garbage!! Ugh!!! At least the mystery was solved.

That's it for today. I'll tell you the Joisey Ken story tomorrow.

3 comments:

terri said...

Busy day! Sounds very similar to our Easter. Visit here. Hop in car. Run there. Visit some more. It's good to be able to see everyone though.

My sister-in-law used to organize an egg hunt ever Easter when all the kids were younger. It got so she started making maps of where all the eggs were hidden because it never failed, they'd come up short an egg or two.

alexis said...

I want to know - what about this other egg you found that was "not it?". From a previous year?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

We were actually 2 eggs short, so the one found by my bro-in-law was #30 and then LL found 31. Though we have had eggs found by the yard maintenance folks before. Doh!