Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Progress

The shoulder is progressing nicely.....I think. Today, as scheduled, I added another 10 degrees of motion to my passive shoulder motion (basically picking it up straight in front of me) so now I'm at 140 degrees. At 180 degrees, my arm would be straight over my head, so it's pretty good progress. The point it to keep scar tissue from forming and retaining my full range of motion.

Also, I didn't take any vicodin today and took only two on Tuesday. That's good on several fronts not the least of which is that I won't drink alcohol while taking them, too much liver stress. So my pain has been control just by icing after my hour long therapy sessions.

Once I get to 160 degrees, they start me with another motion on the machine....something to work the side muscles I think. Friday I have my follow up appointment and hopefully get my stitches out. Then I'll be able to shower without getting it wrapped!

2 comments:

terri said...

Wow! Sounds like the healing is happening quickly!

DogBrian said...

Sounds great! I'm glad everything is going really well. Maybe you will be able to throw like the kid from "Rookie of the Year" when all rehab is done. If I've read correctly, you cut out the Vicodin and switched to straight booze? Kidding!