Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Did I overdo it?

My shoulder has been really sore while sleeping and first thing in the morning. It starts to loosen up as the day goes on, but it's pretty painful in the morning. Unfortunately, I think the cause (other than only being two weeks from surgery) is that I'm not wearing my sling hardly at all during the day and maybe I was overdoing the passive motion machine with my new arm rotation.

So today I decided I would wear my sling and not move up the intensity of the machine at all. Well, I still really didn't wear the sling all that much, but I did wear it for a bit.

LL and I are going to go to midnight mass at her church on Christmas Eve and then go to my folks' place from their house in the morning. Unfortunately, my church dropped their 7:30 a.m. mass on Christmas morning, which I would have drove home for, so I won't be doing Christmas mass at my church at all. To make up for it a little and to see the church in it's Christmas glory, I went to mass tonight at 6. Unfortunately, they were having choir practice in the main church, so we had mass in the lower church, which isn't decorated or anything. It was a fine mass, but didn't have the ambiance I was looking for today. Oh well. I may go Sunday morning before Joisey Ken comes in.

Oh, did I not mention that? Yep, Joisey Ken is coming in on Sunday and we're going to the Bears/Vikings game on Monday Night. Ken's a big Vikings fan and I have Bears tickets so he flies out every year and we go to the game. This year is even more special because: 1) it's so close to Christmas, 2) he has a daughter now who's 6 months old and 3) his birthday is on Tuesday, when he'll be traveling home. I'm very happy he's coming out!!!

3 comments:

Joisey Ken said...

Joe,

Time flies buddy, Stella is 8 mos old and by the way... I'M COMING ON SATURDAY!! Cant wait, its going to be a blast :-)

terri said...

Have fun at the game and take it easy on that shoulder! :-)

Merry Christmas!

alexis said...

happy xmas you!