Monday, July 13, 2009

Two weeks of hectic

The next two weeks will be pretty hectic for me, but it won't involve softball oddly. Tonight, ESDNM comes into town and stays through Friday morning. I'll be leaving on Thursday afternoon though to head to D.C. with Lovely Laura. Back for a day and then out to Albuquerque mid week. Just busy, busy, busy.

Speaking of LL, here's what we had for dinner on Saturday at Ram Brewery out by the airport. She had shrimp fajitas and I had grilled chicken strips....mmmmmm, oh and margarita's of course. The appetizer, pictured below, was bbq chicken quesadillas. Good stuff. The hotel at the airport was really nice too and cut down on the trip back home/to the fields by about 30 minutes each way.

































Had a really nice call today from probably the best player on our softball team congratulating me on my play this weekend, especially my hitting. It was great to receive for a few reasons I guess. First, guys just generally don't do that kind of thing, though we should. Second, being a singles hitter and on-base guy, my hitting can go somewhat unnoticed compared to players who routinely hit doubles or homeruns. In fact, that's what happened here. He himself is one of those guys who can pretty much hit a double or homerun almost anytime he wants and hit a walkoff homerun in our extra inning game for the win, so he's used to heroics. He only found out how well I hit because I mentioned my average (.722) on Facebook. And third, my role on the team is to play solid defense and get on base. So this was some validation, which we all can use from time to time.

4 comments:

terri said...

That was really nice of your team mate. Everyone likes to have their successes recognized but too often people only point out mistakes. What a great guy!

alexis said...

good god that is a big margarita!

stef said...

Recognition is always appreciated. But especially so when it is for something you spend so much time and effort on.

el supremo de nm said...

Ya the recognition is nice but I bet that it doesn't add up to anything when they renegotiate your contract and tell you they're saving the bucks for another 'big hitter'.