Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Just a little somethin' somethin'.

It's another late night for me, so another short entry. You can thank me later.

A few weeks ago, I put the challenge to Lovely Laura to find Tommy Bahama wear at Marshall's like I found at Nordstrom's semi-annual Men's Sale. Well, find it she did. A nice, black linen TB shirt. Well done and I stand corrected.

On the way back from my parent's place in northern Michigan, we stopped at a small town, Tustin, to get some beef jerky at Powell's, a store my parent's had found (somehow). They have six flavors of jerky, all for $17 a pound, which is still significantly cheaper than what you buy it for in the bags at the store (over $20 a pound). Plus it's wayyyyyyy better. Awesome in fact. So if you're in the area (just south of Cadillac) stop in and get some!!

Finally, fellow-Podolny-ite, Santa Fe Craig, was in town the other week and we hit a great restaurant, Erie Cafe for dinner. Since I had steak the night before, I opted for veal, though they are known pretty much for their steak. However, if you go, make sure to get the grilled calamari appetizer....just freaking awesome.





Ricardo and Santa Fe Craig.....yeah, not the best picture...I know.











Craig and his prime rib.....Holy Shit!! Look at the size of that portion!!

5 comments:

stef said...

That is insane! Tell me he didn't finish it....

el supremo de nm said...

Stef - you have to know that Craig's wife is a vegetarian so Craig tends to go bonkers whenever he is let out and get his hands on meat.

tim said...

joe- no talk about the cubs and their injury woes? Are they going to try and acquire Halladay?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Naw Stef, he didn't even come close. I blame the wonderful grilled calamari appetizer.

Tim, I can't talk about the woes of the Cubs....they seem endless. No character on that team. If someone comes up with a clutch hit, it's more luck than anything. It's pretty amazing that D-Lee is having the season he is having with virtually no support.

Pitching doesn't seem to be their problem, they just can't score runs!!

terri said...

That is some BIG prime rib! Did he eat the whole thing?