Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Twittering.....yeah, Twittering.

Ok, maybe it's tweeting, but I like to say twittering. Today The Podolny Group Chicago(ESDNM, Ricardo and myself) after recommending it as a great form of potential "buzz creation" for a client, officially twittered for the first time. The messages were not particularly business like:

"The Podolny Group Chicago branch is going out for drinks this evening."

"PGCurmudgeon (ESDNM's name) is being a curmudgeon."

"Ricardo is withholding valuable information."

"Ricardo is a poopie head."

"Testing....you bastards."

"At the Fulton Lounge."

"Where's my drink!"

Not very insightful, I know, but fun! We'll see who we add. Let me know if you're on Twitter. My name is "HugeBearsFan".

It wasn't all fun and games today, though mostly it was. We met with a client this morning and a referral source for lunch out in the burbs, Forest Park in fact. My loyal readers all know about my time in Forest Park. Anyway, the restaurant we were supposed to go to had switched to summer hours in which they don't serve lunch except for the weekend. So we ended up at Francesca's, part of the Mia Francesca's chain I believe. Good stuff.

On Madison street however, I saw these interesting signs:



















I'm not sure I've ever seen the word "midwifery" in writing before. It seems kind of funny to be walking down a nice street with restaurants and bars and then come accross this sign. Two storefronts down was this sign:





It's a weird little street I guess.













Being still full from lunch, we opted to just have a few drinks for dinner, so we headed to The Fulton Lounge because we thought they might make good drinks there (they don't....very weak). That might have explained why there were only 5 customers for most of the time we were there. Even so, we stayed for several drinks....and a pizza appetizer.



ESDNM's Bush Mills Black Label....or what's left of it.



















After three drinks, were they sleeping already? Right there streetside?? Nope, just checking emails. I thought maybe I had lost them though when I returned to the table and this sight.










Tomorrow I travel to D.C. with LL for the weekend. I'm not bringing my computer, but I'm sure I'll be able to get access at some point to post.

4 comments:

alexis said...

hah, I love it! That is the kind of liquid diet even I could follow.

stef said...

Have a great time in DC! I'm jealous.

el supremo de nm said...

Yup that's Ricardo and me the party animals.

dejesusfreak said...

Can't find you on Twitter my friend. I'm MDMcCullough, but I never post.