Tuesday, July 14, 2009

An exhausting day

Ok, I know I won't get any sympathy from most of my readers as you all tend to work much harder than I do (kudos to you!), but I'm exhausted from my day today. It started with a 6 a.m. wake-up that bewildered me so much, it was a good 45 seconds or so before I knew what day it was or why my alarm was going off. I hate that feeling.

The early wake-up was for my monthly financial council meeting at my church. The meeting lasts a little over an hour with a forced ending time as people have to get to work and because there's an 8:30 mass (the pastor attends our meeting as well).

However, ESDNM is in town as well and we had client meetings today. Two hours with the first client, a drive to the suburbs, lunch, an hour meeting with another client, a drive back to the city, some work at the office and then off to dinner with ESDNM and Ricardo. We finally got back home around 8. That's a long, exhausting day for me.

Dinner pictures from Erie Cafe (yes again!).




















I had the shrimp de jonghe, which I asked them to put over a small bed of linguine. Very, very tasty. Ricardo had lamb chops......which look pretty good even though I'm not a big medium rare meat eater. I'll leave ESDNM's food for his own posting (but it was very good too!). And we had the wonderful grilled calamari again. Yum!!! The malbec on the menu is very tasty by the way and the second least expensive bottle of wine on the menu I believe.

6 comments:

Eric Holtman said...

I've eaten at Erie Cafe once.

Didn't think it was worth the $.

el supremo de nm said...

A good day and good eats.

alexis said...

that is a long day!

stef said...

You know, I don't know that I've ever had a Malbec before. A travesty!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Well,it's certainly not the cheapest meal in town EH, but as far as nice steak houses go, it's not too expensive. Though probably a little pricey, I'm pretty value driven and still think it's worth the trip (since I went back so soon!). I've definitely paid as much for bad meals: Weber Grill, Shula's, Lawrey's.

terri said...

I have long days, but at least I know they're consistent and I'm not running from one event to another. You should feel exhausted after all that!