Friday, April 03, 2020

The New World Order

It's been a really busy couple of weeks since I last wrote. My consulting clients (who are no longer going into the office and doing all of their day to day work) have been monopolizing my time with conference calls as we make progress on "other" projects. On the real estate side, I had one closing on 3/31 that had a hiccup on 3/30 that was resolved, but if it hadn't been, the closing would have been delayed. Another deal was supposed to close in late March and that buyer lost his job, so we went onto one of the other offers we received initially and have been trying to keep that on track for a 4/20 closing. And today we had pictures for a new listing going up on the MLS next week. Crazy busy!!!

Two weeks ago on a Monday, I went out with clients in Kankakee to look at some homes that were on the market and to get my oil changed and tire repaired. Later that week, the dealership would close due to Covid-19. My clients have a dog and some of the homes we looked at had dogs, all of which caused my allergies to flare up. Then the grass starting coming out as well trees, so my allergies hit with full force. Tueday-Thursday or so I had post nasal drip and my throat started getting sore. The coughing started Friday and has persisted. Wednesday morning of this week, I woke up and had several minutes of coughing while laying in bed (not unusual for the last week) but really hacked up some mucous from deep in my lungs. Again, not unusual for me in the spring. At no point have I had a fever (88% of covid patients have a fever) nor have I had fatigue, lack of a desire to eat, or lost my sense of smell or taste. It seems unlikely that I have Covid, but boy would it be nice to have enough tests around so that I could actually go get tested and find out!! That's not possible right now though, at least around here. 

After new cases of 900+ and 700+ the last two days, I was wondering if we were flattening out the curve here in Illinois. Unfortunately the number of new cases jumped to 1200, so that thought is out the window. Today Pritzker suggested that we wear masks whenever we leave the house, however he didn't say where we were supposed to acquire these masks. I have a drywall mask out in the garage, but that's about it. 

So that's about it. I'm hoping I don't have Covid-19 and am pretty busy with work. LL has likewise been very busy with work, but the last two days were supposed to be part of our vacation (a trip to St. Joe's with the kids) so she has been back to focusing on cleaning while our cleaning lady is stuck in Poland. Not sure when she's going to be able to get back home, but I think she's scheduled for 4/12. We'll see!

No comments: