Thursday, January 15, 2015

Finally an update

Hello all!! Yeah, probably not many people even checking my blog anymore and I don't blame you! That's okay though because it's as much about documenting my life as it is anything else. And what a crazy life it has become!!

Last night, for the first time since coming home December 18th, Thomas slept for over 5 hours!  That means LL slept for over 5 hours!! And so did I!! Outstanding. What led to this change? Well, Thomas has had some reflux unlike anything we ever had with Marissa, so we called in our lactation consultant on Monday. She worked with LL to adjust the feeding angle and help change our feeding schedules.  He seems to be adapting well and we hope the reflux and throat clearing will be greatly reduced if not gone soon.  Sleeping for 5 hours was certainly a great start!!

The 11th, 4 days ago, was LL's original due date, so he should just be getting home now and he's already been here five weeks!!!

Here's the little guy on his 1 month birthday. Love him!!

"In case you were wondering, I'm one!"

Can't forget about Marissa. She's so freaking adorable and seems to get more so every day. I genuinely miss her if I don't see her during the day or get to put her to bed. I've come a long way in 2 years!! Tonight we Skyped with my folks and Bee because Marissa asked to do it. She's great, running around, screeching, laughing...just generally being awesome. Bee gave her a set of zoo animals, one for each letter of the alphabet, and not only does Marissa know them all, she can put them on the correct letter. She's 4 days past 22 months and has been able to do this for at least 2 weeks. So smart!!!




She loves to stand on this tower while I cook and "help". I let her scoop stuff or place things on the cutting board or generally do whatever she can to help. It's so sweet!



Briefly, some whack job muslim brothers took umbridge with the French satirical paper, Charlie Hebdo, and decided to storm their way in killing 17 people including the editor and much of the writing staff as well as two police officers. Pretty crazy, but fortunately they were killed the next day. Hoping this doesn't blow up into something bigger, but these extremists need to be hunted down and removed from society. No place for them in my world.


2 comments:

terri said...

Oh my gosh, Thomas is your Mini-Me! Nice that he slept 5 hours. I remember those sleepless nights and they weren't fun.

Marissa is sure growing up. What a cutie she is!

alexis said...

oh man, 5 hours of sleep is pretty good for one mo. I am totally impressed by your genius older girl too, that's some good alphabetting!!

The French thing is very sad. It's all over the news here.