Thursday, November 01, 2012

Delayed post

I started this post on Tuesday and then all heck broke loose with work and other things. One of those things was going over to Pam's new apartment (LL's good friend who just moved into town and took LL's old job) for dinner on Wednesday night. While Pam cooked dinner and talked work with LL, I was to put together an IKEA TV stand with drawers. The only thing I dislike more than IKEA furniture is putting together IKEA furniture. But Pam is less than 5' tall and weighs about 75 pounds, so it was a pretty daunting task, plus she said she had a hammer (which is almost never needed with IKEA furniture) so I was afraid she was going to hurt someone or trash the stand.  So I put it together pretty well, one screw up which happened in step 4 of the 30 steps so retracing was out of the question. It was more of a cosmetic issue so Pam was fine with it. By the time we got home, around 10, we were ready to hit the sack.


Do you remember Mr. Taco?  It opened up around the corner in what used to be an Italian restaurant last and a Einstein Bagel before that. We've eaten there several times and the food isn't bad for fast food Mexican.




Yeah, they closed up shop this week. Ugh.  Not sure what's going in there next. Hopefully something.













On another taco note, did you get your free taco on Tuesday from Taco Bell? They gave them away because someone stole a base during the World Series. The taco shell is made out of Doritos and it was pretty tasty actually. First time I've ever had one.












Here's a sculpture that sits outside of a marina and is entitled Windsurfer. Doesn't it look like a boat that's sinking? Just seems odd to point outside a marina!!














I shot this video off of Belmont Harbor on Tuesday during the rage of hurricane Sandy. Pretty crazy. The spray of water would get 30, 40 sometimes 50' high and go 75 yards down the water's edge. Pretty awesome to see, but very, very cold. I had to have my winter coat on with gloves and a wool hat!



3 comments:

terri said...

It's sad when business after business fails like that. Is it a bad location? Not enough space? Hopefully someone will figure out how to make a go of something there.

I've seen the ads for those tacos. I LOVE Doritos. I might have to try that.

Those waves are amazing!

alexis said...

those waves are incredible. I don't think I ever saw anything like that in all the time I was living there!

Michael Podolny said...

There is just something about certain locations that are death for retail. They need to rent it to some accountants or something.